Saturday 25 May 2013

Daily League Sudoku #17: Anti-Knight Sudoku

I didn't have very much inspiration this week to create a Sudoku, so I stepped back to a familiar type. I generally like Anti-Knight Sudokus. This one I constructed with a computer program as backup, to make sure that the there were still valid solutions. This means that when I can't find a valid solution, I check which of the givens I placed led to a situation where there no longer is a valid solution. This saves me from having to backtrack a lot as it can happen that you place multiple givens without being able to see that there is no longer a valid solution. I think the puzzle turned out nice. Enjoy.

Recap of the last Daily League week:
Sunday: Roman Non-Consecutive Sudoku by Seungjae Kwak
Monday: Extra Regions Sudoku by Fred Stalder
Tuesday: Arrow Sudoku by Prasanna Seshadri
Wednesday: Diamond Sudoku by Bastien Vial-Jaime
Thursday: No 3 Skyscraper Sudoku by Jan Zverina
Friday: Nonconsecutive Sudoku by Tom Collyer

Daily League PDF:
Week 18

Rules for Sudoku

In this Sudoku, two cells that are a Knights move away from eachother are always different.



No comments:

Post a Comment