Sunday 10 January 2016

Daily League #55: Odd Labyrinth Sudoku

The second puzzle in the Odd Sudoku series is an Odd Labyrinth Sudoku. I always enjoy solving these puzzles. It has a bit of puzzling in them, which always suits me well. You also get to create an odd/even grid, which is something I always enjoy. Parity variants always seem to suit me well.

In the design I tried to find some interesting deductions in this genre. If that totally worked, I'm not sure, but I had fun designing it. I didn't bother resolving any old puzzles, so it could be that this has been used before. It took a while to construct a valid puzzle though, as too often some of my logic led to no path existing. I think I lost some of the interesting things because I also had to make it unique, but it should still be a fun solve.

Rules for Sudoku

In this Sudoku there has to be a path that runs from the left top corner to the right bottom corner over cells that contain odd digits. This path can only travel horizontally and vertically.

Click to enlarge

1 comment:

  1. ..16:09..Very nice and hard.I had to guess at the start.I mean I got that it has to go through one of two ways (through R1C4 or R4C1) but couldn't deduce logically the right path.Can you let me know how to deduce the start.

    ReplyDelete