Sunday 10 January 2016

Puzzle #172: Tapa; Circled

This is the last of three posts with new Tapa variants for the TVC.

The last variant is Circled Tapa. It is based on Black and White Snake. As there is already a Black and White Tapa, I couldn't go with that name. My second thought was Dotted Tapa, but then I remembered Prasanna's Dotted Tapas. So lastly I settled on Circled Tapa, by just changing the wording of the rules. The variant here is that the Tapa wall is built up of alternating black and white circles. The clues indicate how many circles of a particular colour there are around it, instead of the number of coloured cells.


In this Tapa the wall is made up of alternating black and white circles. There are black and white clue cells. White clue cells indicate the amount of white circles in the orthogonally connected sections of the wall around that cell. Black clue cells indicate the amount of black circles in the orthogonally connected sections of the wall around that cell. Each digit indicates a section of at least length 1.




Click to enlarge

6 comments:

  1. Can you share a sample grid? I can't really understand the rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a question for one already. It's added.

      Delete
  2. Great ideas, all three of them.

    With this one and the castle variants, I had quite a bit of trouble confusing the black clue cells with wall cells. On paper I'd probably tend towards drawing the wall as lines instead of shading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Striped Tapa?
    If only MSPaint allowed three colours at a time...

    kiwijam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since posting I had also thought of Checkerboard and Zebra. In the end the name is not that important.

      I had that thought when I was checking it in Paint. The question though is, what button are you going to use on your mouse for it?

      Delete