Sunday 3 April 2016

Daily League #63: Clone Sudoku

This month there were four puzzles I wrote for the Polish Sudoku Championships. They weren't needed though. As I hadn't used any of these types for the League, I figured I could use them for that. I wrote these puzzles to fit more in a competition and I expect them to be a bit easier than normal. I can never be 100% sure as I sometimes assume an opening deduction is pretty straightforward, but that doesn't mean it can't be hard to find. I'd love to hear some feedback on whether these puzzles would be suitable for a championship. I haven't written many Sudokus for competition solving.

The first puzzle is a Clone Sudoku. I thought the pattern of givens around the Clone region looked nice. I was hoping to make the pattern work with two empty boxes, but I couldn't get it unique. One extra clue did make it unique. It makes the puzzle asymmetric, but it is still a good solve.

Rules for Sudoku

In this Sudoku, digits in the same place in both grey figures must be identical.

Click to enlarge



3 comments:

  1. Nice sudoku.
    It took me 4'46 to solve it.
    Perfectly suited for a competition in my opinion ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7:59. Definitely can be a 60-70 pointer in a test.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice and instresting to solve.

    ReplyDelete