Sunday 10 April 2016

Daily League #64: Hi-Lo Frame Sudoku

This is the second puzzle that was originally written for the Polish Sudoku Championships.

This week it's a Hi-Lo Frame Sudoku. I like the Hi-Lo concept as it gives a little bit of extra information about the third digit that isn't involved in the sum. I've written a few before, but I haven't used it for the league before. I did combine it with another variant, but it should be fun by itself. I think this is probably the hardest puzzle in the set because it requires finding the right few steps through the opening. I prefer not given all possible clues as otherwise you get a big opening on where either the 1 or 9 goes within a box. In the end the path gets a bit more flexible as you have placed digits to help out. Enjoy.

Rules for Sudoku

In this Sudoku the numbers on the outside indicate the sum of the highest and lowest digit in the first three cells in that row or column when looking from that side.

Click to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment