Sunday 1 January 2012

Puzzle #83: Akari

Happy New Years to most of Europe and Africa. Gelukkig nieuwjaar voor alle Nederlanders.

As this is the last post and 2012 has started for me, this is the last post. I will be missing the New Years of people in the UK, USA and Canada. None-the-less:

Happy New Years to the UK, USA and Canada when the time comes.

I had some trouble choosing a genre with a 0, as it is negative information. There were 2 genres that cam to mind and that were Heyawake and Akari. As I haven't posted any Akari puzzles before on my blog, I figured it was a good one to start the new year with. I am not very skillful in constructing (or solving) Akari puzzles. This puzzle therefore is easy. I like how it looks and solves though. Just remember the one rule when you start.

0. Akari

Place a number of lightbulbs in the grid, so that every square is lit by at least one lightbulb. Lightbulbs illuminate all squares it can see horizontally and vertically. Black squares block its view. No two lightbulbs are allowed to see eachother. The numbers in the grid indicate the amount of lightbulbs that touch that square horizontally and vertically.


3 comments:

  1. Nice, easy puzzle. I like Akari very much and would like to see harder ones from you.

    Niels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect closing puzzle.
    Happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks.

    I'm not too sure about constructing harder Akaris. I haven't done many and most harder ones i solve I just end up guessing. I have trouble seeing the logic needed to construct harder ones.

    ReplyDelete