Saturday 30 March 2013

Daily League Sudoku #10: Average Sudoku

Another week, another Sudoku. This week an Average Sudoku. I like the idea. It's similar to Arrow Sudoku, except the digit is the average instead of the sum of the digits. I think enough can be done with it. I'm not sure if this idea has been done before, but I can't imagine it hasn't been. But I have that idea with any Sudoku Variant I come up with as there are already so many out there. But people constantly come up with new variants.
This Sudoku shouldn't be too hard. It has, like most my variants, a pretty narrow opening. But I think it should be clear where it lies this time. If you understand the basics of this variant it should go pretty smoothly. There's no real difficult steps in this puzzle, but you just have to go through them in the right order. I'm hoping this will have a bit faster times than my previous ones though. But I'm never sure how they'll turn out.

A recap of the last week's Daily Sudokus: Sunday's Outside Sudoku by Seungjae Kwak, Monday's Sum or Product Frame Sudoku by Min Young Yoo, Tuesday's Consecutive Sudoku by Prasanna Seshadri, Wednesday's Irregular Sudoku by Bastien Vial-Jaime, Thursday's Palindrome Sudoku by Rishi Puri, Friday's Tens Sudoku by Tom Collyer.

Daily League PDF file:
Week 10

Rules for Sudoku

In this Sudoku a digit in a circle is the average of the digits in all cells connected to it with a line.


Click to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment