Friday 14 October 2011

Puzzle #32: Castle Wall

Rules for Castle Wall

I don't generally makes puzzles larger than the standard 10 by 10 grids. I like to put tricky steps in puzzles and in larger puzzle they can get lost for people. Castle Wall has more widespread constraints and in a larger grid you can do things that wouldn't fit in a smaller grid. This is a tricky puzzle, which uses two techniques a lot. I haven't done enough Castle Wall puzzles to see how often they appear in other puzzles.
If people didn't know yet, clicking the image gives you the image in the original size. The size discrepancy is a bit bigger in this puzzle.

2 comments:

  1. Got it! I think I've identified one of the techniques you speak of, and hadn't really isolated that one before, so I guess the other ones I've solved (only MellowMelon's I suppose) don't use it so prominently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing I know which one. That seemed to be the most natural way to set those areas to me. The other one is also the more trickier to see and is more something I came across while trying to figure out how to get the middle unique.

    ReplyDelete