Saturday 19 January 2013

Daily League Sudoku #1: Distance Sudoku

This puzzle is part of the Daily Sudoku League. It's league for Sudoku solvers to test their skills against eachother on handmade Sudokus. It features puzzles by Rishi Puri, Tom Collyer, Fred Stalder, Prasanna Seshadri, Bastien Vial-Jaime and Seungjae Kwak. I will also be contributing puzzles to the league. Each day a Sudoku will be posted in the group and on the blogs of the respective author. At the end of the week a PDF will be released with all Sudokus of that week. The league is free to enter for anyone by joining the facebook group. So if you feel like testing your solving skills against others, please join.

For my first puzzle in the league, I have chosen a Distance Sudoku. It's a type I always like to solve. I have never made one before. I would rate it hard, as I would rate most my Sudoku variants. The little bit of aestetic in the puzzle can be found in the fact that the digits are built up of 4 sets of 1~9. I think it worked out well and gives for a challenging solve. I'm hoping it's not too hard for the general level aimed at for the Daily League, but I will find out after the first people have solved it. It should be fun to solve either way.

[Edit: I adjusted the image to conform with previous puzzles]

Rules for Sudoku

Outside each row and column the distance between two digits in that row or column is given. The order of the digits is top to bottom and left to right.


Click to enlarge

1 comment: