Friday 19 July 2013

Daily League Sudoku #21: Hi-Lo Inner Frame Sudoku

I'm back with a Daily League Sudoku this week. I'm posting the Friday puzzle as Tom needed a bit more time and my puzzle is ready. This week I've written a combination of two nice types. The Inner Frame I first saw on the 2012 US Sudoku Qualifiers. The Hi-Lo Frame Sudoku I first encountered on the 2011 Dutch Sudoku championships.
I think they work well together. The Inner Frame idea leaves you to use some combinations that would otherwise not be possible, because there is more room for repeated digits within the different sums. I chose for an easier layout of clues that all overlap, which I think makes the solve a bit more friendly. I think it worked out well. I hope you enjoy it too.

Daily League PDFs:
Week 20
Week 21
Week 22
Week 23

As a final note, all puzzles are also solvable each day on SudokuCup. The puzzles appear a day later than in the group.

Rules for Sudoku

In this Sudoku, the numbers on the outside indicate the sum of the highest and the lowest of the three digits in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th cell seen from that side.


No comments:

Post a Comment