Friday 16 May 2014

Daily League Sudoku #41: Pusula

I haven't written any Sudokus in a while. Now that Tom Collyer is taking a break to focus all his attention on the upcoming World Sudoku Championships in the UK, I'm taking over the Friday together with Zoltan Horvath. We'll probably be alternating weeks, so that we both get our fair share of puzzles in.

I got this type off Serkan Yurekli's blog. I was browsing it for an example of a puzzle type and came across it. I thought it would be a nice idea for the Daily League. I hadn't ever made one. It wasn't too hard to write this type. I think in general many grids will allow a unique solution, but there's a few restrictions to the solution to make that viable. I wrote this one progressively and added the missing arrows in the end. I don't think it's necessary to follow the intended solving path as there's a general strategy to this puzzles that should also always work to solve them. I hope it's enjoyable. It shouldn't be overly hard as some of my other Sudokus have been.

Rules for Sudoku

In this Sudoku an arrow in a cell with an even digit points to the largest odd orthogonal neighbour of that cell. An arrow in a cell with an odd digit points to the largest even orthogonal neighbour of that cell. All arrows have been given.





No comments:

Post a Comment