Sunday 17 April 2016

Daily League #65: Rossini Sudoku

This is the third puzzle that was originally written for the Polish Sudoku Championships.

This week it's a Rossini Sudoku. I was trying to design a puzzle without any givens. But I noticed pretty quickly on that this wasn't as easy as I had hoped. The middle of the grid is a lot less accessible as I had thought in advance. I remember seeing one before without givens, but to achieve that I'll need to set up the middle boxes better than I did now. But as I liked how the opening worked out, I finished the puzzle with a few givens. I am happy how it turned out. Enjoy.

Rules for Sudoku

In this Sudoku arrows on the outside indicate that the first three digits in that row or column, when looking from that side, are in ascending order in the direction of the arrow. All possible arrows are given, so if there's no arrow the digits can't be in ascending order.

Click to enlarge

1 comment:

  1. Also really liked the opening.. First time seeing this style, enjoyed learning the implications and working out the corners. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete