Sunday 18 September 2011

Puzzle #10: Pidoku

Today I'm posting four puzzles, for which I probably should have waited about half a year to post them, with march 14th being pi day, but didn't feel like planning ahead so far. I made these four puzzles over 2 years ago for an online contest. As this contest has pretty much come to an end, I figured I'd share them with everyone.
I always liked these puzzles, so I thought I'd let you all judge how you like them. They are really Circular Sudokus with a predictable twist considering the name, where it uses the digits of the mathematical constant pi(3.14159265...) instead of the normal 1-9 digit set.


Pidoku Small:

Place the first 6 digits of pi in every row, column and coloured area.


Pidoku Large:

Place the first 9 digits of pi in every row, column and coloured area.


Killer Pidoku Small:

Place the first 6 digits of pi in every row and column. The numbers in the coloured areas indicate the sum of the digits in that area. Digits can't appear in a coloured area more times than they would appear in a row or column.


Killer Pidoku Large:

Place the first 9 digits of pi in every row and column. The numbers in the coloured areas indicate the sum of the digits in that area. Digits can't appear in a coloured area more times than they would appear in a row or column.

No comments:

Post a Comment