Wednesday 30 November 2011

Puzzle #64: Island

I decided to include this genre because the solving techniques are different from any genre. I figured this would lead to a more varied solving experience. I think many people still have trouble with the genre though, from what I heard back about this puzzle. This is probably because the solving works different than most genres. So there isn't too much to carry on from having done similar puzzle types. What you have to remember mostly, is that you have to create a single connected area. For this you have to take two things in mind. The first is the minimal distance between different clues to see how they can connect. The second is the maximum size of isolated areas can be placed. This puzzle uses the second technique more than my other puzzles so far.

Rules for Island


2 comments:

  1. Solved. But I might appreciate the type more if I had more than one easy example, or a tutorial, or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted some links at the bottom for Naoki's puzzles. The first link are easier than the second link. I don't think I have done enough of these puzzles to write a very good tutorial. I could try writing a walk-through for one of the puzzles I have made, but that would probably take a while as I'm not 100% sure how to word everything. Easier to show in person.

    http://puzzle.gr.jp/kahua/kahua-web/hima/island_e.pdf

    http://inabapuzzle.com/honkaku/island.html

    ReplyDelete