Saturday 14 September 2013

Daily League Sudoku #29: Different Difference Sudoku

I based this of a puzzle I've seen as an Instructionless Sudoku I've seen before. I don't remember where it was. As I remember it, it was a Sudoku, where in each nth nonet all differences n were marked (e.g. in nonet 1 all differences of 1, in nonet 2 all differences of 2). This puzzle has the same concept, that in each nonet all instances of a particular difference are marked. Except the differences aren't ordered and you have to figure out which nonet corresponds to which difference.
I hope the explanations of the rules are clear. If someone has a better way to formulate them, I'd appreciate it.
I think if you understand how the basics work, it shouldn't be too hard a puzzle. I've written better Sudokus and I think it can be done more elegantly. But overall I like how it turned out. I hope people enjoy it.

Recap of the last Daily League week:
Sunday: Anti-Diagonal Sudoku by Seungjae Kwak
Monday: No Point to Nine Sudoku by Jakub Hrazdira
Tuesday: Slot Machine Sudoku by Prasanna Seshadri
Wednesday: Figures Sudoku by Bastien Vial-Jaime
Thursday: Killer Sudoku by Rishi Puri
Friday: Diagonal Sudoku by Tom Collyer

Daily League PDF's:
Week 32
Week 33
Week 34

Rules for Sudoku

In this Sudoku, adjacent cells in a given 3x3 box containing numbers differing by n are marked. Adjacent cells with no marking must not contain numbers differing by n. The value of n is different for all 3x3 boxes. There is no restriction on adjacent cells contained in different 3x3 boxes.



3 comments:

  1. So you mean there would be one 3X3 box which does not have any restriction on that (since the difference cannot be nine on any of the boxes there would be 8 boxes with differences 1-8 in some order and one box without any restriction..Is that correct?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its from Something Missing (LMI May 2011)

    ReplyDelete