Sunday 21 February 2016

Daily League Sudoku #61: Easy As ABCDEF Sudoku

This is the third puzzle in the Latin Squares Sudoku series. This week again a familiar variant. Easy As puzzles are one of the more standard Latin Square puzzles at WPCs.

I always like to write larger Easy As puzzles with numbers as it gives a bit more freedom in designing the puzzles. It's always hard to see whether or not you can get the puzzle in the centre if you can only give the outside clues. I have seen a few larger puzzles with standard clues, but there aren't that many grids that qualify for a unique solution.
I looked for a nice opening for a while. I think this one works pretty well. With the regions it opens up a lot of new openings to try out. I picked the layout of the letters at the start and was trying to keep all number 1, 2 or 3. But in the end I couldn't find a unique solution once I got to the end without using a 4. This didn't really hinder the path of the puzzle much, so I am happy how it turned out. Enjoy.

Rules for Sudoku

Place the letters A, B, C, D, E and F once in every row, column and marked 3x3 area. Clues on the outside indicate the position of that letter in that row or column when looking from that side. E.g. A3 indicates that A is the third letter seen from that side.


Click to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment