Monday 8 February 2016

Puzzle #177: Nurikabe; Domino

This is the fifth practise puzzle for this year's UKPA Open.

This section came about because I wanted to include some common types, while still falling within the theme. I was familiar with three variants of common type that required division into polyominos. So this was easily collected.
I haven't seen that many Domino Nurikabes, so my first go was just checking out what I could do with the genre. The opening was pretty quickly set up. The middle and end game was where it gets tricky. It all works out logically, but it's not too obvious on first sight. It took a while to get the wall to behave properly.

Rules for Nurikabe

In this Nurikabe, you must be able to partition the stream into non-overlapping dominoes.

Example


Puzzle

No comments:

Post a Comment